Pages

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Does Chocolate Cause Acne?

When I was a teenager and dealing with milde to moderate acne, I remember hearing from everyone that chocolate caused acne. I wasn't a big chocolate eater, but I would skip it anyway, for fear of my acne getting worse.

As it turns out, chocolate doesn't cause acne at all. Actually it is sugar that causes acne. Of course chocolate does have sugar in it, so by default you could say it causes acne.

The reality of the facts point to the fact that an overall reduction in your sugar intake will help you to get rid of acne.

If you take a look at Aarons Acne Cure, you will see that he went military on his diet--removing everything that had any sugar in it. When you start looking very close at what you eat every day (read all those nutrition labels) you will be able to determine how much sugar you are eating.

Mild to moderate forms of acne may respond well to a reduction of sugar, while more severe cases of acne will require several months of sugar elimination to see any type of results.

In the end you have to be patient with severe acne. If you use all the right tools (visit Aaronsacne.com) and eat all the right things, your face will clear up on its own--without you having to spend hundreds of dollars on dermatologists or prescription medications.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in my 40's. Had acne as teen. Haven't had acne in after age 20. The older I got, I started to break out a few times a year with white pimples that leave red marks for weaks. Noticed that after Halloween, Xmas, and Easter, and Girl Scout cookie season that I would break out for a month. Started to put it all together. It was the time of year when I hit the chocolate hard. I backed off. But it has gotten worse the older I have am. If I eat one Kit Kat, I have white pimples around my mouth and cheaks the next day. I can eat store bought chocolate chip cookies and snack cakes because it is a different kind of chocolate. I am starting to believe that better grades of chocolate (the ones that have more palm type oils in them) are the culprit. Had some Mole mexican sauce, broke me out bad, too. Then this year, I finally went out and spent some money on a hair conditioner. I have always used the tube of conditioner that comes in the Loreal Preference hair color box when I color my gray every month. Anyway, shelled out $24 for some Matrix Biolage deep hair conditioner that had a picture of bamboo (palm) on it. Broke out for a month on cheeks, mouth, hairline, and knew I wasn't eating chocolate. Finally put it together, that it might be the conditioner, and quit using it. Acne cleared up. Then bought some Matrix Biolage conditioner that had picture of Camellia on front. It was a cheaper conditioner, not a heavy conditioner. Didn't read back label. Started breaking out on my kneck, head, hairline, but not face. Read the ingredients and found palm oil. However, I don't think it had as much oil because of cost and the fact that it was a lighter weight daily conditioner. So I have come to the conclusion that palm or coconut oils break me out, and they are more expensive oils, so in slightly better brands of chocolate.