Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Acne products at the drugstore

Drugstore Dilemmas


Every time I go down the acne products aisle at the drugstore, I am drawn by all the wild claims on each of the products. This is in addition to remembering advertisements for the various products in all the magazines.

I can recall quotes from satisfied consumers and the product company--for example, "my acne disappeared in 1 day" or "Drastic improvements in 1 day only"

I know for a fact that most of these products will not work or even come close to making true their claims. I have a bathroom full of these products, along with empty pockets from paying anywhere from $10-50 per product.

So where does that leave the consumer? Have you ever returned a product that didn't live up to the claims and guarantees? Probably not very many people actually return products. The companies probably count on most people not returning product.

So, stay tuned until we find the cure-all product for acne. We'll be walking advertisements for it.

No comments: